Gooey GF Banana Chocolate Muffins
Happy Labour Day fellow Canadians!!!
I am celebrating with a true labor of love!!! I know, such hardship!!
These gooey, melted-chocolate-oozing, banana muffins are truly to die for!! GF and a snap to make they are a perfect lazy long weekend in my PJ’s creation!!!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup GF baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Dutch cocoa
- 1/3 cup organic honey
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate (use dark or semi-sweet according to your taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon).
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the eggs and add mashed bananas, coconut oil, vanilla and organic honey. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add prepared dry ingredients until smooth.
- Fold in coarsely chopped chocolate of your choice.
- Spoon into muffin tin lined with muffin baking cups and divide among 12.
- Bake for 20 minutes then check by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes clean, they are done, just don’t be fooled by all the melted chocolate inside.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve! They are also great for freezing, just make sure to cool completely.